Devoxx 2012 has been and gone, and it was a fantastic few days in Antwerpen. I caught up with a lot of great people, made the acquaintance of even more and saw some superb presentations (plus a couple of duds, but there’s an NFC voting system to express this).
I’ve got a lot of material that I need to write up – so much so that I’m getting carpel tunnel syndrome just thinking about it – but in the meantime, here’s a rundown of the things that really count.
This year at Devoxx, some true geeks gave to me
- 14 assorted t-shirts
- 12 pens
- 2 notepads
- 3 books – Scala in Depth, MongoDB: The Definitive Guide and Infinispan Data Grid Platform
- 24 badges
- 2 MongoDB monkeys (or possibly apes)
- 1 card reader
- One extremely orange headband
- 1 frisbee
- 3 lanyards
- Numerous chocolate bars and assorted confectionery
- 1 iPhone cover
- 3 tins of mints (hopefully not because of my breath)
- An already distributed and therefore uncountable large stack of stickers
- Something that may or may not be a gonk
- 2 yo-yos
- A block of post-it notes
- 1 bag
- 1 hoodie (which I unfortunately lost)
- 1 pack of agile poker planning cards
- 1 lens cleaner in a pouch
- 1 bicycle seat cover
- 2 three-dimensional puzzles
- Various refrigerator magnets
Thanks to Ben Verbeken for giving me a lift home after it became clear I couldn’t carry it all home using the train!
2 thoughts on “Devoxx 2012 Swag”
Lol, you swag beggar!
You don’t ask, you don’t get 🙂 Although that’s not strictly true – one of the 10gen guys followed me to the Plumbr stand to give me a free book.
I’m pretty sure I missed a few things in this list! I found some USB sticks earlier, and the law of averages indicates there’s more to find.